Monday, October 29, 2012

Yard work fun

I love having my own yard. It's hard work to keep the leaves raked and the grass mowed, but it's so nice to be able to plant the things that I want and make a plan for how I want it to look. Last Friday, I planted tulip bulbs for the spring. It was really hard work. Missouri ground is mostly clay, so digging through it to plant the bulbs took a long time. I started at 9:30am and had to take so many breaks, so as not to wear myself out, that I wasn't done with them until 2:15pm. It took me almost 5 hours to plant 24 bulbs. I'm excited to see what they look like in the spring.

While I was planting, Cory was raking the leaves. We live in a wooded area with tons of hickory trees, so our yard is covered with the falling leaves. It had been a couple weeks since we last raked and so Cory was able to rake a pile at least three feet high. We let Petra play in it. It was really fun and super cute to watch.

Look how cute our puppy is.






I don't usually put videos on the blog, but I just had to share this one. It's short, I promise.


2 comments:

All8 said...

Looks like she's having a great time. So glad that you guys are here.

L Van

Now to see if my cyborg self comes out or not... If you're reading this, flesh mastered.

Nikki said...

cute doggie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...