Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Anniversary Adventures

This year our anniversary fell on a Sunday and since Cory was gone at scout camp the weekend before all we could really do was go out to dinner that Saturday after he got back. We went to P.F. Chang's and got their P.F. Chang's For Two deal. Cory had never been there before and he absolutely loved it. That might be our new special occasion restaurant since the last one we had made him really really sick. We rented I Am Number Four that evening and just had some nice quiet time together.

Cory bought me roses the next day to put in my new vase that he got me as a present and they are beautiful but starting to wilt. Luckily I got some pictures the first day when they were still fresh.

 Pretty, right?

Since we couldn't go anywhere super fun the weekend of our actual anniversary we decided to do our fun stuff the next Saturday which was this last weekend. We were going to get up early and hike to the hot pots up diamond fork canyon but we didn't go to bed early enough the night before to wake up in time to beat the heat so we decided to spend the day at Kiwanis Park instead. We threw around a frisbee and played card games and took along a picnic and just talked in the sun. It was nice and I wish I'd taken some pictures but I forgot (even though I remembered to bring the camera). We went to Harry Potter that afternoon and boy howdy was it good! I'm kinda sad that it's all over but, I think, the movie definitely did the book justice and redeemed some of the earlier movies too.

It was nice to spread things out through the week. It made the celebration seem that much bigger. I'm so glad I married Cory and that we have been happy together. The last two years have been interesting and trying and wonderful and hilarious and the coming years will be filled with many more equally exciting adventures.

1 comment:

Melissa F said...

Happy anniversary! Time is just flying by, isn't it? I'm glad you guys are doing well and having fun. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...