Monday, November 30, 2009

thanksgiving post (of course)

We're back from Thanksgiving with the fams. We drove through Medford so we got to spend a day or so with my family and then stole my parent's van to drive up to Salem and have Thanksgiving with Cory's family and all the Barnhursts. We watched a lot of movies and ate a lot of food and basically just had an awesome time. On Saturday we went to a tree farm to get the Davis Family a Christmas tree which was quite the adventure. It took them a long time to pick one out that was absolutely perfect and Cory was throwing stumps at people (not cool) and Hunter was running around like a crazed monkey ;) and we just had a great time in the mud running through the trees and critiquing every single one. It was definitely a highlight.
It was so nice to get away from school and work and normal life and just enjoy our time with family. I think this last week really helped Cory and me. We have been super nice to each other and don't fight as much as we sometimes do. I think these last few weeks before finals and the end of the semester will be really good ones for us.





Oh, and I took the job at the library. Right after my interview for the editing position I got a call from the library saying I needed to make a decision. I decided to just go for it and whatever happened with the other job would just happen. It's a good thing I took the library job though because about 6 hours later I got an email saying they had chosen someone else. It was a close call but I'm seriously so blessed to have this job. The people I work with are wonderful and the pay is really good. I am really glad that I got this job and it's all thanks to Cindy. She gave me such an awesome reference that my boss changed his mind about not hiring me and gave me the job. So many things worked out for the best and life couldn't possibly be better now.

1 comment:

Lakin said...

I glad life is glorious (and you used the phrase "seriously so blessed" :) ). Woot for life!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...